This is a part-time role commissioning and producing the photography for the monthly print edition of Crack Magazine and CrackMagazine.net. We are looking for a highly driven and experienced candidate who can maintain the industry-leading standard of photography which currently features in the magazine.
The Art Director will work in our new London office, working closely with our creative team there and attending as many shoots as possible within reason. They will also work closely with our editorial team to make sure the product is the best it can be. This is a paid position (pay dependent on experience) with an ideal start date of early August.
- A deep love and understanding of contemporary fashion communication and more specifically, some knowledge of the global photography community. An existing network of your own would be a considerable advantage.
- Knowledge of good music and an ability to understand the visual language of an artist and find a photographer or visual creative to suit them
- A keen eye for developing photographic talent and commissioning responsibly and effectively.
- Experience in the physical production of photoshoots and practical knowledge of photographic production.
- Efficient handling of budgets and an ability to use resources effectively.
- Knowledge of delivering imagery for print and an ability to refine and select shots which can be handed over to our design department for the production of the magazine.
- An ability to handle the demands of working to a brief and coordinating styled shoots for commercial partners.
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills and experience working in a fast-moving creative environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning and producing around six photoshoots a month for the print magazine alongside a varying number of digital-only projects.
- Maintaining and monitoring a monthly budget and ensuring invoices are received and delivered to Accounts.
- Attending shoots to maintain relationships with clients, talent and creatives.
- Working closely with our magazine editor and digital team on projects which span all arms of the business.
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and CV to email@example.com with ‘Art Director – Your Name’ as the subject line.
We will be accepting applications until Friday 27 July. We look forward to hearing from you.