One of punk’s biggest icons joins Alva Noto on a spoken word tribute to poet Walt Whitman
We all know Iggy but if you’re unfamiliar with Alva Noto, you should resolve that ASAP. A prominent German electronic artist, Noto’s real name is Carsten Nicolai and he’s just finished scoring The Revenant with Ryuichi Sakamoto.
On this record, instrumental duo Tarwater are also involved and along with Noto, create a menacing, industrial backdrop to Iggy’s readings from Whitman’s seminal Leaves of Grass, from which the record takes the same name.
Set to come out exclusively on vinyl on Morr Music, the record will arrive on 5 February.
1. As Adam Early In The Morning / I Am he That Aches With Love (EP Version)
2. Ages And Ages Returning At Intervals (EP Version)
3. From Pent-Up Aching Rivers (EP Version)
4. A Woman Waits For Me (EP Version)
5. Out Of The Rolling Ocean The Crowd (EP Version)
6. To The Garden The World (EP Version) Iggy Pop / Tarwater
7. Leaves Of Grass (EP Version) Iggy Pop / Tarwater