Arrests made following two stabbings at Sony Music’s London HQ

Sony Music

Two people have been stabbed at Sony Music’s headquarters, located on Derry Street, Kensington.

Police and firearms were called at around 11am (GMT). Dozens of officers stormed the building and evacuated staff members. According to The Independenta London Ambulance Service spokesperson said, “We treated two people at the scene. We took one to hospital and one to a major trauma centre.” A statement from the Metropolitan Police clarifies that the injuries “are not life-threatening or life-changing”. One man has been arrested.

“I saw two guys who appeared to be fighting. One man was on the floor on his back and the other one was standing over him,” a witness told The Independent. “I thought he was raining punches down but I realised a few moments later that he was holding a large kitchen knife.” The two men were separated, with one bearing a knife wound. Staff members tried to staunch the bleeding with a tea towel, the witness added.

Another witness, a staff member at Sony, said, “There were dozens of police running in with tasers, riot shields. It was all over fairly quickly.“

We will update this story as we learn more. Read more accounts from Twitter below.

Update: A spokeswoman for Sony Music UK confirms the incident: “Sony Music confirmed there was an incident at Derry Street resulting in the building being evacuated.”

She adds, “Two members of the catering team were involved in a violent altercation. The incident is now in the hands of the Metropolitan Police.”

Furthermore, the Metropolitan Police have clarified that two men, aged 25 and 36, were both suffering from stab injuries. Both were arrested on the scene. “Thankfully this was not a firearms incident, but the initial reports indicated that there had been gunfire and there may have been an active shooter on the scene,” Commander Kyle Gordon said via a statement. “The response was immediate – within eight minutes of the first call coming in, firearms officers who had joined local officers already on the scene had entered the building to deal with the incident.