Are you an unsigned, UK-based artist?
Today (12 October), Fred Perry and independent UK menswear designer Nicholas Daley are proud to present their music grant – offering one act a recording masterclass at London’s Metropolis Studios.
Applications for the grant will be judged by a panel of artists industry experts including musicians Obongjayar and Nabihah Iqbal, Mixmag’s Head of Digital Seb Wheeler and DJs Zakia Sewell and Don Letts.
West London’s iconic Metropolis Studios has had artists as wide-ranging at Stormzy, FKA twigs and Kanye West through its doors over the years. It’s also the home of Crack Magazine’s Metropolis Sessions, a series of live performances shot in the studios with sound captured through their world-class system. Metropolis is Europe’s top independent recording studio, established in 1989 inside an industrial Victorian power building.
The winner of the grant will receive:
• A two-day masterclass with Metropolis Studios
• The opportunity to record a track/tracks at Metropolis Studios which will be mixed/mastered by Metropolis engineers
• Brand and campaign management support • Masterclass prep and planning
• Pre-masterclass technical prep
• Recording and Mastering engineer
• Access to full Metropolis tech rider, equipment and backline
• Production of lacquers
Entries will be accepted from unsigned, UK-based artists from Monday 12 October to Sunday 25 October. Find out more here.
Watch Metropolis Sessions videos with SL, Anna Calvi, Tirzah and more over on Crack Magazine’s YouTube.