The Running Back head honcho has stepped up to record the latest edition in fabric’s prestigious monthly mix series
Gerd Janson will be the latest DJ to record a mix for fabric. The Running Back label boss will mix the 89th edition of the London-based club’s prestigious mix series.
Janson has said he was apprehensive about recording the mix initially, “Recording mixes is always very painful for me – especially if I know that someone is going to spend money on it,” He says in a press release. “My self-confidence as a DJ is at gutter level, and doing one for fabric, as part of a series amongst the best of the best, is quite intimidating.” Before adding that he. “Tried to eternise the valleys and the mountains of a 12-hour long epic journey onto one silver disc.”
Whether or not he’s succeeded in that is an answer we’ll only truly know once we’ve heard that mix but with a tracklist that includes a Luke Abbot remix of Todd Terje’s Snooze 4 Love and a Prins Thomas take on the Caribou anthem Sun we’re pretty sure that those valleys and mountains will be well and truly eternised.
Check out the cover art and tracklist for Gerd Janson’s fabric mix below and if that’s not enough you can take a look at our 2014 feature with the man himself right here.
01. Todd Terje – Snooze 4 Love (Luke Abbott Remix)
02. John Talabot – Voices (fabric Edit)
03. Traumprinz – Love Yeah
04. Shan – The City Never Sleeps
05. Boddika & Joy Orbison – Severed Seven
06. Mateo Murphy – Apex
07. Geeeman – Wanna Go Bang (Catz ‘N Dogz Edit)
08. Q-Burns Abstract Message – Mess Of Afros (Glenn Underground Remix)
09. Inner Sense – MoTP
10. Mike Ash – Return To Acid
11. Nick Höppner – Relate (The Black Madonna Remix)
12. HMC – Marauder
13. Joe Claussell – Rhythm
14. Roger Van Lunteren – Hills, I Want You
15. Scott Grooves – Finished
16. Caribou – Sun (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)
Fabric 89 is out on 19 August. The mix will be launched at fabric in London on 30 July at a special party featuring Janson, Radio Slave and Scott Grooves. More information and tickets can be found over at fabric’s website.