The likes of Richie Hawtin, Channel Tres and Modeselektor have contributed to Miss Anthropocene Rave Edition.
Grimes is releasing a Miss Anthropocene remix album on New Year’s Day (1 January). The new project features reworks from the likes of Richie Hawtin, Channel Tres, Modeselektor, ANNA, BloodPop® and more, with two of the remixes teased in her recent DJ mix. It also follows her involvement in CD Projekt Red’s video game Cyberpunk 2077.
Miss Anthropocene is one of Crack Magazine’s Top 50 Albums of the Year. In our review of the LP, journalist Emma Garland wrote: “Combining the nervous energy of Visions with the technical skill of Art Angels, Miss Anthropocene is a return to formative darkness – albeit a more fine-tuned one. References to hedonism, annihilation, drowning and sleepless nights run throughout, like a ten-track tumble through Dante’s nine circles of hell. Whatever form it takes – industrial metal, ambient, country and, yes, drum’n’bass – a sense of danger permeates Miss Anthropocene from start to finish.”
Miss Anthropocene Rave Edition lands on New Year’s Day. Check out the tracklist below, and read the Grimes cover story.
1. So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth (ANNA Remix)
2. Darkseid (Richie Hawtin Remix) [ft. 潘PAN]
3. Delete Forever (Channel Tres Remix)
4. Violence (REZZ Remix) [ft. i_o]
5. 4ÆM (Original Mix)
6. New Gods (Tale of Us & Âme Remix)
7. My Name is Dark (Julien Bracht Remix)
8. You’ll Miss Me When I’m Not Around (Things You Say Remix)
9. Before the Fever (Original Mix)
10. IDORU (Modeselektor Remix)
11. We Appreciate Power (BloodPop® Remix) [ft. HANA]